An established company or corporation is considered a business organization composed of the top management, middle management, and lower management levels. These are comprised of different offices handled by different individuals following a hierarchy of designations, duties, and functions.
Online marketing agencies are somewhere in between the organization or could also be at the bottom level depending on the specific roles or tasks assigned to them. In comparison, they could be the right or left implementing arm and more often, the frontliners down below. Most of the time, they communicate online through their computers or mobile phones. At times when something is fundamental, meetings are conducted and are supposed to be attended by heads of agencies or offices.
Online marketing agency defined
An online marketing agency is an external office which is part of a large company that is mainly composed of skilled and talented individuals. They are well-equipped with a set of tools and methodologies in promoting products or services online. Online marketing agencies are armed with a broader range of marketing elements as compared to a traditional business. As a marketing agency, the majority of them are called agents who work with different channels of the company and make use of any available resource or mechanism over the internet. Read further to find out the difference between digital and online marketing agencies.
Duties and functions of online marketing agencies
- Content creation and development – a company product usually requires a logo that needs a patent. As an intellectual property, no other company or organization should use it in their products unless, you’re an affiliate, a conglomerate or a subsidiary of the mother company. It is registered along with a creative tagline or punch line which allows customers to identify, recall and purchase the product after that.
- Alternative business planning – If a plan or marketing strategy doesn’t work out the way it is expected, a Plan B must be ready for implementation. Following this scheme would avoid compromise and future marketing setbacks.
- Monitoring product performance in the market – Collaborating with salesmen and promo dicers, online marketing agents rely on sales and inventory reports from smaller retailers within the country. As always, numbers will speak for itself in determining effective marketing strategies and product acceptance from the consumers.
- Initiate product launching and promotion – After an online marketing campaign, marketing agencies go out in the field and launch the product in a lot of strategic ways. More often, it is done with famous personalities like celebrity endorsers and product ambassadors in an athletic event, a concert or any event where the product is suited for promotion.
- TV plugging and promotion – aside from online advertisement, products and services also go into the mainstream of show business. Brand managers and product marketing head directly coordinate with television personalities for a quick and effective product promotion together with a product endorser during a primetime or noontime variety show.
- Radio credits and sponsorship – radio stations that particularly operates on frequency modulation (FM stations) are paid to promote a product through a creative audio advertisement. Some products are often credited before and after a song is played and usually plugged during a segment or a time check.
- Out-of-home advertising – usually starts with an e-vite or electronic invite accompanied by colourful and attractive special effects inviting people to attend an outdoor event in a predetermined time and venue.
- Mobile marketing – using phones, tablets or any similar device, online marketing agencies penetrate a viable market coming from a target audience or a specific group of people from different walks of life.